How to Rotate Screen Windows 10 – Windows 10 comes with touchscreen functionality that enables you to operate the device right from the screen. This feature also lets you flip or rotate the screen as needed. Unfortunately, many users don’t know how to rotate screen Windows 10. If you have the same problem, you’ve come to the right place.
Sometimes, rotating the screen is necessary to optimize your comfort when using a laptop or tablet. For instance, portrait mode is convenient if you want to write or read while landscape mode is perfect when you watch videos or see pictures.
4 Methods How to Rotate Screen Windows 10
There are four different methods that you can do to rotate the screen in Windows 10. Each method offers the same result, so you don’t need to worry if you prefer a specific method to others. Without going any further, let’s figure out some methods for Windows 10 screen rotation.
1. Using Windows settings to Rotate Screen Windows 10
The first method to rotate your screen is using Windows settings. This method is quite easy and simple so you can finish it in a few steps. Follow the instructions below:
- Right-click random area on your desktop then selects Display Settings.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to navigate to Display orientation. Click the down arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, select one of the options: Landscape, Portrait, Landscape (flipped), and Portrait (flipped).
- After clicking an option, your screen will rotate. If you want to keep it that way, click Keep changes, or else the screen will rotate back to normal in 10 seconds.
2. Using the keyboard shortcut for Rotate Screen Windows 10
Your keyboard has a lot of secrets that you have never known. One of the functions that you can do with the keyboard is screen rotation. How to rotate screen Windows 10 using a keyboard shortcut? Simply press a specific keyboard combination and your screen will rotate right away.
However, make sure you have enabled the Hot Keys feature beforehand. This method is available on PCs with Intel graphic drivers. Here is how to do it:
- Right-click on the empty area and select Graphics Options.
- Navigate to Hot Keys and click enable.
- Press the following key combination to rotate the screen: Ctrl + Alt + Arrow
Up arrow for normal landscape mode
Down arrow for upside-down rotation (180 degrees)
Left arrow to rotate to the left (90 degrees)
Right arrow to rotate to the right (90 degrees)
3. Using Rotation Lock Feature
If you are using a laptop or tablet, you can set the device to automatically rotate when you change the device orientation. It works like most smartphones. You can easily enable or disable the automatic rotation right from the screen through the Rotation lock.
Follow the instructions below to disable the Rotation lock in your tablet or laptop:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + A keys to open Action Center.
- Find the Rotation lock and click to disable it.
- Now your tablet or laptop will rotate as the orientation of the device changes.
4. Using the Graphics Card
The last method to rotate the screen is using a graphics card. As screen rotation options are different in AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA, you need to know what graphics card you are using.
Here is how to rotate the screen using the graphics card control panel:
- For Intel graphics, right-click on an empty area and choose Intel Graphic Settings. From there, you can flip the screen.
- For AMD graphics, right-click on your desktop and choose Catalyst Control Centre. Find rotation option under Common Display Tasks and change as desired.
- For NVIDIA, navigate to the NVIDIA control panel and select Rotate display.
Now that you know how to rotate screen Windows 10, you can choose the best orientation according to the activity. No matter which method you like, enjoy your time using a laptop, desktop, or tablet.